Welcome to the EAB
The Wisconsin Educational Approval Board (EAB) is a postsecondary education agency that is charged with the
- Evaluating and approving private trade, technical, career, distance learning, and degree-granting schools.
- Collecting and disseminating student outcome and satisfaction information from schools.
- Performing annual reviews of schools.
- Conducting regular on−site evaluations of schools.
- Holding schools accountable for improving their performance and effectiveness.
- Supporting options for innovative and quality programs offered by schools.
Information about the types of institutions the EAB does not regulate is available from a listing of
Our Mission Statement
To protect Wisconsin's consumers and support quality educational options.
Strategic Values & Goals
- Assure Wisconsin consumers that EAB-approved schools are well run, educationally sound, and financially stable.
- Protect consumers and help schools through regulatory enforcement and processes that are reasonable, consistent, firm, fair, and timely.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the private postsecondary education sector by supporting the success of students and schools.
- Regularly update and/or revise applicable statutes, administrative rules, and oversight policies and procedures to reflect changes in the career education sector.
Explore Our Web Site: